Metacaulk Intumescent Sleeves
DESCRIPTION: Flexible design of durable galvanized steel outer shell lined with precured dry intumescent that easily conforms to contours of pipes for through-penetrations and angled penetrations, ideal for retrofit and flammable pipes penetrating an uneven concrete fluted deck assembly.
- Intumescent expands at the exposure of heat, forming a refractory char that tightly seals preventing the spread of flame, smoke and toxic fumes
- Easy installation without modifications, steel bolts or fasteners; fasten with fiberglass tape, pop rivets or hose clamps around pipe
- Economical and saves on labor cost; no measurement of material required
- No need to firestop both wall penetration sides; can be installed from top or underside for floor applications; eliminates need for collars/wrap strips
- Can be retrofitted, easily removed and replaced material
- Ideal for large PVC or engineer plastic pipes going through concrete fluted decks
- Ideal for applications when pipes are installed on at an angle
- Ideal for installing around a coupling located in floor and wall openings
PERFORMANCE: UL Classified system up to 3 hrs; tested in accordance with ASTM E814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC-S115; tested for PVC, CPVC, ABS and PVC/ABS Foam Core, FRPP, PP; VOC compliant (CDPH Standard Method v1.2); complies to Required Environmental Exposure Testing of Accelerated Aging and High Humidity as per UL 1479 Fire Test of Through-Penetration Firestops
- 66582 - Metacaulk Intumescent Sleeve 6", 8"
- 66584 - Metacaulk Intumescent Sleeve 2", 3", 4"